Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Dedication Page


Dear Mom, 
I will love you forever,
and forever you will be
The most wonderful mother.
You mean everything to me.
I thought of buying flowers
in the usual way.
But I knew you would prefer
A cookbook instead of A Bouquet!



Everyone learns to cook at one stage of their life or another. Believe me when I say, you can never hate your own cooking. If something is not going right that just means that there is some little trick or tip you are missing. Every person on this earth is a ‘Foodie’ because everyone loves to enjoy good food. Cooking good food is another thing, it comes from years of practice and patience with really good recipes. I have been really lucky that I got several hand me down recipes from my mom. It’s her legacy, something I want to keep alive through my blog.

It is therefore apt to dedicate this blog and my upcoming cookbook to my mom – Sumita Moitra. I would like to thank my dad – Debashis Moitra for his unwavering support and my sister – Krishna Moitra for her love, wit and vision.

This blog wouldn't have been possible without the encouragement, love and support of my husband – Dr. Debarshi Chatterji. I would like to pen a few words especially for him – ‘Thank you sweetheart for your continued guidance and belief in me. You helped turn an idea into reality, preserved the memories by clicking amazing photos of the meals. You encouraged me to experiment with varieties of foods and never backed away from trying a new dish. You pushed me towards perfection and taught me to prepare a delicious restaurant style meal at home. I wouldn't have imagined myself cooking at this level if you haven't said those four magical words- “Oh This Tastes Good!!”.’

I would also like to thank my friends and supporters for sharing and trying my recipes. I hope to continue bringing to you many more delicious easy and fun recipes.

Let’s start this amazing journey together because there is no life without potatoes, carbs or sugar.


Debjani Moitra Chatterji
Alabama, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.