Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Kitchen Organization 101



Turn your pantry and kitchen cabinets into a more organized storage space by following some small tips on Kitchen organization.


Recently I have only uploaded recipes and today I thought I should upload an article on Kitchen Organization. Have you ever wondered while watching a cooking show, how the participants find everything so quickly in the big pantries? It makes me wonder if there is a trick to organize everything.  

Anyone who cooks at all will have certain items in the kitchen – a couple of Spatulas, Pots and Pans, Knives, Silverware, Dishes and extra kitchen items like Aluminum Foil, Zip Locks, Kitchen Wrap, Parchment Paper etc. However, when we actually need these things we don’t find them. Just imagine if your kitchen was as organized as the on screen kitchens, it would save so much time. So, I did some research and reorganized my entire kitchen and since it has worked out pretty well for me, I am ready to share the pointers with you.

The trick is to store all the like items together. So all the Spatulas go in one drawer, Silverware in another. Keep all the sharp instruments, knives etc. in a separate drawer and if you have kids, its better to child proof all these drawers plus the ones in which you keep all the plastic bags. 



Personally, it is important for me to keep the kitchen organized as Debarshi and I both cook and hence both should know where things are being kept. Sometimes after rearranging the kitchen, I put Labels on the Cabinet Doors (The picture above shows different labels which I use). This helps Debarshi to find the items easily. I think this can be very useful with kids as well, who sometimes want to surprise and support their parents by cooking or cleaning up. 

Living in an apartment has its own pros and cons. Right now we are living in a two-bedroom apartment and it has a nice big kitchen so there is a lot of space to store all the items. I have assigned a side cabinet for all the extra items. I keep the Chopping Boards, Kitchen Wraps, Freezer Bags, Aluminum Foils and Parchment Paper in that cabinet. I also keep the Sandwich Bags and Gloves in it. It is my go-to cabinet for all these extra items.

Earlier when we had a smaller kitchen I used to keep these things together in a drawer for easy access.




In smaller kitchens a Cabinet or Pantry Door can be used to mount these things up. For that we need a Wrap Holder which are easily available at Walmart or Amazon. 




Many people use the area below the sink for storing these items. Personally I don’t recommend storing any such thing below the sink in which you will prepare/ store fresh food. Instead utilize that space to store the cleaning items like the Dish Washing Liquid and Tablets, Brushes, Hand Soaps, Trash Bags, Disinfectant Wipes, Oven Cleaner, etc.




I hope these tips will help you. I will upload some more tips in the upcoming weeks.

Bye!


Recommended Reading:

2 comments:

  1. Spend less time finding things and more time cooking/ baking:

    #lifewithoutalu #sharphome #photooftheday #hautecuisines #foodloverravi #kitchen #organization #personalorganizer #homeorganizer #professionalorganizer
    #organizer #tips #tipsforhome #decor #homedecor #kitchenorganization #organisation #home #inspiration #sweethome
    #prettyhome #stylishhome #idea #decoration #homeinspiration #storagegoals #storagesolutions #clean #interiordecorating #organise

    ReplyDelete
  2. #lifewithoutalu #kitchen #kitchenorganization #kitchenorganizer #kitchenorganisation #kitchenorganizing #organizedhome #kitchensofinstagram #kitchengoals

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.