Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Friday 25 May 2018

Almond Flour Pancakes - Keto Brunch Recipes


Keto diet is fun because you get to eat varieties of delicious dishes loaded with fat (the more the better!). However, it is hard to continue this diet because you have to stay low carb which means no Parathas or noodles for me and no rice for Debarshi. There are tons of amazing Indian dishes which can be enjoyed with roti, naan or Pulao but without the carb accompaniment suddenly the enthusiasm to eat that yummy curry falls apart. So this time I thought there has to be a hack to continue this diet without missing my favorite carbs and I must say till now it is working.


So today I bring to you - Almond Flour Pancakes. I found the recipe online and improvised it to suit my needs. I have to say since almond flour is made from a nut these pancakes are way more filling as compared to a regular pancake (prepared with all purpose flour). You can choose to add some Stevia if you want. I like them just the way they are given below. Believe me you have to give this a try and I am sure you will love it. This can be your perfect weekend brunch. Serve it with some scrambled eggs, bacon and coffee and enjoy.


Ingredients:
  • Almond Flour - 1 cup (blanched & finely ground recommended)
  • Coconut Flour – ¼ cup 
  • Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon 
  • Eggs – 5, large 
  • Whole Milk – ½ + ¼ cups (or as required to make the batter)
  • Butter – ¼ cup (to fry)
  • Vanilla Extract - 1 ½ teaspoons 
  • Salt – a pinch
  • Nuts (Walnuts and Almonds) – 1 ½ tablespoons (chopped)
  • Orange Extract – ½ teaspoon (optional)
  • Heavy Cream – ½ cup (substitute ½ cup Whole Milk with this, optional)



Directions:
  • Whisk all ingredients (Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Baking Powder, Eggs, Whole Milk, Heavy Cream, Vanilla Extract, Orange Extract and Salt) together in a bowl until smooth. 
  • Check the consistency: The batter should be of the consistency of typical pancake batter. If it's too thick, add a little more milk but don't add too much, or the pancakes will be too wet and difficult to flip.
  • Add the Nuts.
  • Heat a skillet over medium low heat. Add a little Butter in it. Make sure the Butter is not turning brown, if it is that means the heat is too high. A low heat will result in more cooking time ensuring that the pancakes are cooked through. 
  • Drop the batter onto the hot pan and form into circles (I usually use the ¼ cup size for this). Do not make a big circle because it may break. 
  • Cook for about 1 ½ - 2 minutes, then using a spatula carefully try to flip. The cooked side will be golden brown in color. Do not flip if the batter is sticking on the spatula, let it cook for another 30 seconds.
  • Flip and cook for another 1 ½ - 2 minutes, until browned on the other side. 



  • Repeat with the rest of the batter.
  • Enjoy with Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Coffee.




Recommended Reading:

53 comments:

  1. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for fitness center

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up to all, the contents existing at this web page are really awesome for people experience,
    well, keep up the nice work fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am genuinely glad to glance at this blog posts which contains tons of valuable information, thanks for providing these information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I conceive this site has some rattling wonderful info for everyone :D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great delivery. Sound arguments. Keep up the good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now not positive the place you're getting your information, however good topic.
    I must spend some time studying more or working out more.
    Thanks for great information I was searching for this information for my mission.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello!,I like your writing so a lot! share we keep in touch more about your
    article on AOL? I need an expert on this house to solve my
    problem. Maybe that's you! Having a look forward
    to look you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. Email me whenever you want. It's moitra.debjani@gmail.com. Thank you for reading my article.

      Delete
  8. Awsome post and right to the point. I am not sure if this is truly the best place to ask
    but do you guys have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers?

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can write for you :-) Email me at moitra.debjani@gmail.com

      Delete
  9. Real instructive and excellent complex body part
    of subject material, now that's user friendly (:.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone necessarily assist to make significantly posts I would state.
    This is the first time I frequented your web page and to this point?
    I amazed with the research you made to create this actual put up extraordinary.
    Fantastic activity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am impressed with this internet site, real I
    am a big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed studying this, very good stuff, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! This is written by me (Debjani Moitra).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello.This post was really fascinating, especially because I was investigating for thoughts on this issue last Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this web site.
    Thank you, I'll try and check back more frequently.
    How frequently you update your site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to share one new recipe every week (unless I am traveling). Plus the blog features a recipe every day.

      Delete
  16. Great information. Lucky me I discovered your blog by accident (stumbleupon).
    I've bookmarked it for later!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am constantly thought about this, thank you for putting up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have observed very interesting details!
    ps decent site.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Having read this I believed it was really informative.
    I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this information together.
    I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and commenting.
    But so what, it was still worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha! I know internet can take a lot of time but if it is spent in learning something then it is worth it!

      Delete
  20. Real clear web site, thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there, I wish for to subscribe for this website to obtain latest updates, therefore where can i do it please help.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for your interest. You can go to the Bookmark tab of your browser and add the site in your bookmarks. I publish 1 new recipe every week (unless I am traveling).
    Also if you scroll down to the bottom of this page, there is a tab there saying, 'Follow by Email', you just need to submit your email there and it should keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you! I have done some custom adjustments to my blog. It is not a downloaded version.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great info. Lucky me I came across your website by chance (stumbleupon).
    I have bookmarked it for later!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello there! This post couldn't be written any better!
    Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him.

    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello.This article was really remarkable, especially because I was investigating for thoughts on this issue last Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very interesting details you have mentioned, appreciate
    it for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  28. #lifewithoutalu #keto #lowcarb #lowcarbrecipes #lowcarbbreakfast #ketorecipes #almondflour #coconutflourrecipes #heavycream

    ReplyDelete
  29. #lifewithoutalu #keto #ketomeals #ketorecipes #recipeontheblog #recipeonblog #lowcarb #highfat #homemade #recipes #recipe #easyrecipes #healthyrecipes #quickrecipes #ketodiet #ketodietrecipes #almondflourrecipes #almond #almondflour #almondflourpancakes #pancakes #pancake #brunch #lowcarbbrunch #nuttypancakes #fillingfood #carb

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.