Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Thursday 22 August 2019

The Basha Cuisine, Overland Park, Kansas



Photo shows: Mixed Grill Platter
(Grilled Kefta, Gyro Beef, Grilled Chicken Skewers Shish Tawook, served with garlic, tahini, and hot sauce on the side).


I just love Mediterranean food. I think it is so similar to our North Indian food. When I am at a Mediterranean restaurant I know just what to order. Their Pita bread is very similar to the Tandoori roti we have in India. Also their Baba Ghanouj is very similar to our Baigan ka Bharta. Plus, I am a big fan of Kababs and they always have such delicious Keftas. Even the Tzatziki reminds me of our cucumber raita! The food is very much like what I would cook at home – fresh with seasonal vegetables, healthy fats (olive oil), yogurt and salads, herbs and condiments. 

It just so happens that due to my love of Mediterranean food, whenever we decide to eat out, I always try to look for a Mediterranean restaurant. It wasn’t one of our dates nights though but a moving day when we discovered Basha! We moved to our new townhome and decided to treat ourselves with something delicious. I am so glad we discovered this little restaurant because the food there is really good.



I love their Hummus. If you have never tried hummus before make sure you do next time. It is chickpeas blended with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and served with pita. I do wish they would toast the pita a bit more so if you like yours toasty let them know.




This is Chicken Shawerma Plate:
Shawerma is marinated grilled white chicken meat. It is shredded and served with garlic sauce. This is a dinner plate and served with rice, hummus, salad and pita bread. I just love the spice mix sprinkled on the hummus and rice. Now I don't know what all spices they mix in it, but that is super tasty. 

So go to Basha for fresh and delicious food. The place is decorated simply but in good taste. Keep in mind that the business is locally owned so if you want something or expect something, let them know so that they can help you out.


If you are exploring Kansas City, why not explore these options as well:

1 comment:

  1. #lifewithoutalu #foodloverravi #sharphome #maryberry #BBCFood #glassofwineforme #thekolkatabuzz #imsomartha #chickenschwarma #saladandoliveoil
    #travel #mediterraneanfood #foodwinewomen #huffposttaste #travelandfood #tastingtable #hautecuisines #recipeoftheday #familyfood #foodblogeats
    #eat #easyrecipes #recipeideas #foodblogfeed #heresmyfood #goodmoodfood #f52grams #travelandfoodblogger #feedfeed #delicious

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.