Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Friday 20 March 2020

My Favorite Food Items from Costco

Being pregnant especially in the last trimester means food. You will have at least 6 meals all through the day and you will not always feel the urge to cook or to eat the same dishes again and again. So, I bring to you my own list of readymade items from Costco which you can snack on daily/ occasionally depending on what they are and how much of a healthy eater you are.

The best thing about buying items from Costco: Price and Quality. You will get a really good quality at a comparatively cheaper price. If you don’t have a membership yet, you can just ask one of your friends who have one and accompany them while they are shopping. 


1: Frozen Mango Chunks 


These frozen mangoes are my favorite. You can make a mango/ mango banana smoothie with them. I love drinking a big glass of smoothie in the afternoon. It not only fills me up but also solves the ‘What to eat for the 1st lunch dilemma’.

2: Bread/ Croissants



Although you will find varieties of breads at Costco, this sourdough bread is another one of my favorites. You can toast them with butter or enjoy them with jam. If you are thinking you can buy these from any other grocery shop/ bakery, compare the price and quantity.



These croissants are so buttery and delicious. I love to enjoy them in the evening. Just heat them in the microwave for 15 seconds and they taste as if they have been baked fresh from the oven. Sometimes I slather a little jam on them and they taste out of this world!


3: Nuts/ Nut Bars


Peanut for my Peanut!
If you are not in a mood to eat anything sweet, try these roasted savory nut packs. Again, very handy if you are travelling or shopping. Great for munching too.



These nut bars are a lifesaver when you are out, shopping or travelling. They have almonds, cashews and pecans and taste delicious.  I always keep a few in my purse as my emergency stash.

4: Chips/ Popcorn

These chips are my personal favorite and I love that Costco has a really good price for the quantity. Now if you are pregnant and have your feet swelling like me then maybe you will want to steer clear of chips. Otherwise, these are great for munching.


I gave up snacking on chips because the extra sodium wasn’t helping the swelling of my feet. However, I love this huge Popcorn packet. You will find 44 small packets in this big box. Although the cooking time is mentioned as 1 minute 45 seconds, I had to cook it for 2 minutes 15 seconds for all the kernels to pop. It has a great buttery taste. I highly recommend planning a movie time on weekends especially during the last trimester when going to the cinema hall means multiple trips to the bathroom. This popcorn box will last several weeks and make movie time fun.

5: Frozen Appetizers and foods:


These Wontons serve as a super easy and quick side dish whenever you are preparing Chinese. You can enjoy them as an evening snack too.


I am not a beef person but I really like this pot roast. It is tender and juicy and you can prepare it in minutes in your microwave. Serve it with some homemade garlic mashed potatoes and greens and you have the perfect dinner.

6: Muffins:



Muffin for my Muffin!
These muffins are so delicious, huge and fresh and for such a small price. I usually get two boxes of any kind and freeze them. Then whenever I want to eat something quick, I warm one of them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Delicious! Pair it with a glass of hot milk and you will be full.

7: Cheese:



I like Cheese though I am not a connoisseur. This variety cheese pack is perfect to pair with crackers or nuts. Plus, you can also make grilled cheese or homemade burger with them. At this price, you won't feel guilty for using them for whatever you see fit.


8: Ice cream


If you are craving for ice cream, go for these instead of the big huge tubs. They are super delicious and who doesn’t like chocolate and vanilla right?

9: Soups and Stews


If you love tomato soup, try this one. The pack comes with two tubs of soup; each can serve 2 people. So not huge packs. I love a hot bowl of soup for my dinner along with some toasted buttery sourdough bread. If you have some fresh basil at home, you can chop it up and garnish the soup to add a homemade touch.


This Irish Stew is one of Debarshi’s favorite and we always pick a packet whenever we are going to Costco. He adds his own touch in the stew by frying some onion, garlic and spices first then boiling the stew in it. It makes the stew taste very Indian and then you can enjoy it with rice or cauliflower rice.

10. Roti


These days I find it hard to roll Rotis or Parathas due to my carpal tunnel. I have to wear splints in both hands and although that has helped me a lot, I still try to save my energy to prepare a vegetable stir fry or curry instead of pushing myself to roll Rotis. These readymade Rotis are pre rolled so you just have to cook them in a hot skillet or pan. They come in two packs so you can freeze one of them and refrigerate the other. Really handy and a great alternative to eating rice all the time.

Do you have your own personal favorites from other shops? Post in the comments sections or use my hashtag #lifewithoutalu to post your photos and suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. #lifewithoutalu #maryberry #BBCFood #favoritefood #foodfeed #healthyfood #eeeeeats #eatfamous #deliciousfood #favoritefoods
    #quickandeasy #foodphotography #cleaneating #ontheblog #feedfeed #foodgawker #costco #onlineshopping #f52grams #quarantinecooking
    #thecookfeed #instafood #quarantineandchill #cookforjoy #foodfood #sharphome #recipes #newmama #easyrecipes #homedelivery

    @halfbakedharvest @sugarandsaltcookies @inspiralized @food52 @rainbowplantlife @linda_lomelino @chefjacqueslamerde @newforkcity @_foodstories_ @naturallyella @foodiecrush @breakfastinsydney @gimmesomeoven @davidlebovitz @cookieandkate @howsweeteats @cookingclassy @rachlmansfield @feedyoursoull @damn_delicious @avantgardevegan @hotforfood @whatsgabycookin @dailyfoodfeed @thenaughtyfork @traderjoeslist @new_fork_city @smittenkitchen

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.