Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Food Chopper and its Importance in Our Kitchen



Debarshi is always looking for kitchen appliances. They don't have to be super expensive but they should be easy to use, store and clean. Not to mention, these appliances are really helpful in my day to day cooking. I have a basic electric food chopper of Ninja. It's a small appliance perfect for rented apartments where the kitchen counter space is usually limited. We love to cook food and as you know preparing a home cooked meal means starting from scratch - wash, cut, chop, mince, repeat, hence a lot of time is spent in the prepping. With a chopper in hand I can easily do all the prepping within minutes. This gives me plenty of time for everything else like blogging my favorite recipes or trying new dishes.

If you notice, we usually chop something for every dish; onions, ginger, garlic, tomato etc. are chopped for making soups, pasta and curries and its just so much fun to get them chopped within 10 seconds! Using this chopper is really easy, I just cut the vegetables roughly and put them in the chopper and it chops them evenly. There is no mush while chopping soft veggies like tomatoes. I also chop herbs in it like cilantro and mint, which are widely used in many curries and dishes. Adding Parsley or Basil to a salad or pasta has now become so easy. I just wash them and put them in the chopper directly. 

There are many dishes, which can be prepared within seconds using this amazing appliance, and they include not only American dishes like Cold Pasta Salad but also Indian dishes like Matar. This helps me to add a side dish without fussing about it. I just boil the Pasta or Matar and add chopped vegetables in it. Want to have an omelet? Chop the vegetables, add the egg, give it a whirl and pour it on the pan. Ready within two minutes. You can also make Dips, Salad Dressings and Salsa in it. Remember that yummy Cream Cheese Dip I made on Debarshi’s birthday? Yes, I used the chopper to prepare it. I also use it to mince the vegetables to make savory crepes (Cheela) or to cut the big chunks of eggplant while making Baigan ka Bharta. 

We have an Indian desert called Gajar ka Halwa and it requires finely grated carrots. I remember when I was a kid and wanted to assist mummum (my grandma) to prepare this Halwa, she would always ask me to grate the carrots and I used to spend an entire afternoon grating carrots manually. Now I can prepare this Halwa in just 15 minutes by chopping the carrots in the chopper. I also chop dried fruits (like almonds, cashews or dates) for the desserts or curries with the chopper. Yes, the blade is quite sharp so whenever you are not using it, make sure to keep it somewhere locked, out of the reach of children. 

This food chopper is excellent for eat out trips. We went on a log cabin trip along with our friends and the plan was to eat good food and enjoy. We took the chopper with us. It’s dishwasher safe and light to carry on such trips. We minced garlic and cheese for the Pasta and chopped onions and vegetables for the Kababs and curries. So, you see, a food chopper is a simple, time saving and inexpensive appliance and I think all these reasons make it a must have in our kitchen.


Recommended Reading:

2 comments:

  1. #lifewithoutalu #SharpHome #photooftheday #hautecuisines #foodloverravi #foodchopper #chopper #blender #foodprocessor #savemyhands
    #guacamole #chickensalad #heaven #lifesaver #mince #chop #puree #ninjakitchen #fresh #doitforhealth
    #healthyeating #holidaygifts #cheesedip #gravy #curry #kitchengadgets #kitchentools #tips #kitchenhelper #gadgets

    ReplyDelete
  2. #lifewithoutalu #homemade #delicious #greattaste #foodchopper #ninjachopper #chopper #easytips #quickcooking #quickcook #cookingtips #cookingtip #cookingtipsandtricks

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.