Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Al's #1 Italian Beef (169 W Ontario St, Chicago)



One of Debarshi's friends recommended this place. It is said to be very famous for its Italian Beef Sandwiches. Well, I am going to give a 50-50 review because I didn’t like it but Debarshi did. If this place is on your route, then may be you can go share a sandwich. Otherwise I wont recommend making a special trip for this.

If you see the above photo, you will find that the bread is almost 80% wet (and I took this photo as soon as I got the sandwich). It was difficult to eat because it kept dripping juices. The spices were too hot, it burned my taste buds and mind you I love eating hot food. I think the flavor lacked something important. I didn't care much for the meat. I have had way tastier sandwiches. I guess famous places are often a disappointment to the common public. However, I will say if you are in Chicago and have this on your bucket list then maybe it will be a good idea to get a sandwich and judge it yourself.


Recommended Reading:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.