Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Martin’s Barbecue Joint (Nashville)



Yes, we were tired and wanted a quick dinner. Yes, I was craving for barbecue (as always). Yes, this restaurant was near our hotel. However, this is one place where you should go irrespective of any reasons. 

I am talking about Martin’s Barbecue Joint. Located at a convenient position in downtown Nashville, this barbecue place is best known for its hogs. Ask for their deliciously smoked pulled pork or sticky sweet beef brisket or try something else. You may have to wait some time at the counter but it will be worth it. 

Well we were lucky as it was a Sunday and the place wasn’t too crowded. We placed our orders and I grabbed a slice of Pecan Pie from the counter itself. Then Debarshi and I went upstairs where they have a big beer garden. They also have a stage where you can listen to live country music while gobbling up all the mouth watering food. For my friends who have never been to Nashville, this is a town also known as Music city so you can expect some really good musicians around. We went there right before Christmas and they sang quite a few Christmassy songs.


By the time we got all settled our food arrived. Let’s see what all we ordered:



If you like pork, then this is a must have - Fried Bologna sandwich. If the word ‘fried’ isn’t enough to convince you then consider this, this sandwich has been named in the list South’s Best Sandwiches by the Taste of the South Magazine. 

In their own words, “Martin's Bologna Sandwich is straight from the barbecue pit, so expect all that smoky flavor that makes its barbecue sandwiches irresistible”. 

Well, obviously I didn’t know this when I ordered the sandwich. Believe me it is nothing you have ever had before. Juicy, crispy and so delicious. I got it with sides of French Fries and Potato Salad. Don’t judge me, I crave for potato and as you know my blog title alone says, ‘There is no life without potatoes’. This delicious sandwich is served with mustard, onion and pickle and it costs $7.49. The sides - Potato Salad and French Fries are for $2.99 each (prices taken from their website).



A sliced Beef Brisket sandwich ($9.49) with Hush Puppies ($2.99) sure won Debarshi’s heart. We shared French fries while listening to the live music. I love crunchy French fries with sweet and sticky barbecue food. In fact, I dip them in the barbecue sauce so that they also get a tangy sweet flavor. However, when I poured the barbecue sauce on the plate it came out very thin. When I asked the waitress she told us that it was their classic sweet and spicy vinegar sauce. She said that they use this sauce for everything – while cooking, as a splash on the finished barbecue sandwiches, on slaw, pulled chicken and for marinating the meats before grilling. 



She also got us the traditional thick barbecue sauce which is what I like. However, I think that vinegar sauce can actually come very handy if you love to barbecue. If you would like to buy this sauce, then you can do that online or on their website. 

Finally, we came to the last stop of our dinner – Dessert. As a sweet lover who likes to enjoy her dessert before her dinner, I was almost going to order another slice when I realized I was so full! I highly recommend the Pecan Pie ($4.99).



If you are in Nashville and love barbecue, don’t forget to visit Martin’s. Enjoy an amazing dinner with live music, friends and family.


Also check out the following places:

1 comment:

  1. #lifewithoutalu #sharphome #photooftheday #hautecuisines #foodloverravi #nashvillebbq #nashvillefood #nashville #travelandfood #traveling
    #travelblogger #travel #martinsbbq #tennesseebbq #nashvillebbq #wholehogbbq #smokedpork #porkshoulder #hambbq #smokedmeat
    #southernfood #southernbbq #woodfired #carnivore #bbqsauce #foodsportsbeer #nashvillefoodie #nashvillefoodfan #foodblogger #feedfeed

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.