Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Sunday 3 May 2020

Beet er Torkari (Stir Fried Beetroot with Garlic)



Hot steamed rice with Moonger dal and Beetroot stir fry is one of my latest favorites. I don’t have much love for beet when it is served raw or boiled but there is something else about this stir-fry which I absolutely love. It could be the garlic or the fried taste of beetroot or maybe just another of those unique flavors. Whatever it is I love it! So, this time I asked Debarshi to share this delicious recipe with me so that I can share it with you.

Try to prepare the dish with fresh beetroot. Also include the stems and chop the beet into small pieces. It will help the beet to get fried evenly. We don’t want big chunks of soft beet in this stir fry.


In other news, today is my due date but as per my doctor baby Prisha is going to take a couple more days. I wont lie to you, waiting till the due date was fun and exciting but after that all of a sudden I have started feeling impatient and anxious. If you have waited for your baby after your due date you will understand what I am saying. Everyone has been asking, ‘No Baby Yet’? The nursery is all set and my hospital bag is packed and ready to go. The only thing I am waiting for – contractions. All these weeks I was dreading for them. Obviously I have no idea how hard they are going to hit me. But now I can’t wait to have them. Cut me some slack, we have waited 40 weeks, now we want to hold and cuddle our baby. The only question is when is she going to come.

Well, as my doctor told me, babies decide when they want to be born. In the meantime, let’s discuss this delicious recipe:

Ingredients:
  • Beet – 2, big, washed, peeled and cut into small pieces, chop the leaves and stems as well
  • Mustard Oil – 2 tablespoons
  • Panch Fhoron – 1 teaspoon
  • Red Chili Powder – ¼ teaspoon
  • Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
  • Salt – ½ teaspoon
  • Garlic – 4 big fat cloves, finely minced


Directions:
  • Heat a wok on medium high heat.
  • Add the oil in it. When the oil begins to smoke, reduce the heat to medium low so that it cools off a bit. This is done to remove the pungent taste and smell of the Mustard Oil.
  • Add the Panch Fhoron and minced Garlic in the oil. Fry the Garlic lightly.
  • When the seeds start sputtering, add the Beet. Increase the heat to medium and start frying.
  • When the Beet starts looking fried (8-10 minutes), add the Salt, Red Chili Powder and Turmeric Powder in it. Mix.
  • Continue frying for another 7-10 minutes, till the beet reduces in quantity and gets deliciously fried.
  • Serve hot with Moonger dal and rice.


Some more recipes you might enjoy with Moonger Dal and Rice:

2 comments:

  1. #lifewithoutalu #maryberry #BBCFood #beet #foodfeed #healthyfood #eeeeeats #eatfamous #deliciousfood #vegetarianrecipes
    #quickandeasy #foodphotography #cleaneating #ontheblog #feedfeed #foodgawker #madeathome #Homemade #f52grams #quarantinecooking
    #thecookfeed #instafood #quarantineandchill #cookforjoy #foodfood #sharphome #recipes #newmama #easyrecipes #vegetarianfood

    @halfbakedharvest @sugarandsaltcookies @inspiralized @food52 @rainbowplantlife @linda_lomelino @chefjacqueslamerde @newforkcity @_foodstories_ @naturallyella @foodiecrush @breakfastinsydney @gimmesomeoven @davidlebovitz @cookieandkate @howsweeteats @cookingclassy @rachlmansfield @feedyoursoull @damn_delicious @avantgardevegan @hotforfood @whatsgabycookin @dailyfoodfeed @thenaughtyfork @traderjoeslist @new_fork_city @smittenkitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. #lifewithoutalu #homemade #homemadefood #delicious #deliciousfood #recipeonblog #yummy #yummyfood #yummyyummy #sidedish #sidedishes #sidedishrecipes #beet #beetroot #delishrecipes #beetrootwithgarlic #garlic #bengalidish #bengalifood #bengalicuisine #moongerdal #moongdal #rice

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.