Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Friday 2 February 2018

Shave Chocolate with a Peeler


Everything looks good with a little Chocolate on it. For the Chocolate Sponge Cake with Salted Caramel Buttercream, I decided to decorate it with some shaved Chocolate. My only problem was, I didn’t have a Microplane so I decided to use a peeler. I wasn’t able to create any fine shavings but they looked pretty good on the cake.

Ingredient:
  • A chocolate bar of good quality (I used Ghirardelli)


Directions:
  • To shave the chocolate, simply hold the chocolate firmly in place on a non-slip surface and peel down the edge of the chocolate. The shavings will start to peel off.


Now if you have a Microplane at home, try using it. I am sure you will be able to create fine shavings. For those who don’t know, a Microplane is a grater/ zester and can be used not only to grate cheese or zest lemon but also to shave chocolate. 


When I showed the cake to Debarshi he said that it lacked some decoration (after all we eat with our eyes first). So I decided to prepare some Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting and pipe it on the cake. 

If you are new to the art of piping like me, don’t worry, I got you covered. Refer to my article on: Assemble a Piping / Pastry / Decorating Bag. If, however, you know how to pipe, then you may start preparing the delicious Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting.


Recommended Reading:

1 comment:

  1. Love homemade cakes? It is easy to enjoy this delicious cake whenever you want. Just reimburse me for the ingredients and enjoy this yummy cake with your friends and family.

    #lifewithoutalu #sharphome #veguary #selftaughtbaker #Chocolate #SpongeCake #saltedcaramelbuttercream #dessert #desserts #dessertlover
    #saltedcaramelcake #cakesofinstagram #saltedcaramel #homebaker #hobbybaker #everybatchfromscratch #instabaker #ilovebaking #chocolatecake #delicious
    #pieceofcake #yummy #foodstagram #foodblogger #vanillacake #lovecake #cakeideas #cakeoftheday #whippedcreamfrosting #whippedcream

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.