Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Apple Puree/ Apple Mango Carrot Puree


If your babe loves apples, try this homemade apple puree with organic apples of your choice. I pressure cook the apple and cool it down completely before running it in my Nutribullet (extractor blade) till it is smooth and creamy.

The first time I prepared this, I used two big apples and it made a big batch. You can either cook just one apple (like I do now) or make a big batch and freeze half of it for later consumption.

Apple Mango Carrot Puree

I prefer cooking just one baby food at a time so that baby Prisha can have something different and fresh everyday. I will soon be sharing recipes for Blueberry Banana puree and Yellow and Red lentil purees. 

I would like to thank all the mamas who have been messaging me on Instagram and Facebook for more recipes. Believe me I had no idea this section will receive so much interest. I will try my best to share more soon.

Don’t forget to check my Instagram and Facebook profiles for the updated information of all the good things I cook/ bake and eat.


Ingredients:
For The Apple Puree:
  • Apple – 1, big (cored, peeled and cut into chunks)
  • Water – ½ cup

For the Apple Mango Carrot Puree:
  • Apple – ½ cup (cored, peeled and cut into chunks)
  • Water – ½ cup
  • Baby Carrots - ½ cup
  • Mango - 1 cup (I use frozen) 
Directions:
  • Place the ingredients into the pressure cooker. You can also use a heavy saucepan.
  • Cover and cook over medium heat for 3-4 whistles or until tender (15-20 minutes)
  • Let the apples (carrots, mangoes) cool down completely then use only half of the water (in which they were cooked) to make the puree. Puree using a hand blender/ food processor or Nutribullet.


Tips: 
  • Do not throw the rest of the water in which the apples were cooked. Chill it then drink it as Fruit Infused Water! Your babe can also drink it (if pediatrician allows drinking water).
  • I use frozen mangoes from Costco. They are organic and pre-cut into chunks. That takes away all the extra work of peeling, then removing the pit. I microwave them for 1-2 minutes then mix in the puree.  



Try these Baby Food purees as well:

1 comment:

  1. #lifewithoutalu #newrecipe #recipeonblog #apple #applepuree #applemango #carrot #applecarrot #forthebaby #babyfood #babyfoodideas #babyfoodrecipes #homemade #organic #wholefoods #costco #easytomake

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.