Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Sunday 4 July 2021

Diary of Finger Foods

This is a list of a few finger foods I have been giving baby Prisha. Sometimes she doesn’t like something and sometimes she likes them the second or third time. It is however, a great deal of fun, watching her eat these finger foods with her teeny tiny 6 Deciduous teeth (milk teeth).

Day 1
I have started baby Prisha on finger foods and the first is ripe Avocado. She just loves to mash it between her fingers and eat whatever she can. Silicon bibs are really handy for easy washing and catching the food. I cut the avocado in big pieces so that it is easier for her to hold. Clean up is a mess but watching her is so much fun!

Day 2
I gave some Blackberries to baby Prisha. She didn’t eat a single one but broke all of them to bits and then there was berry puree all over her high chair, hands and onesie. Unsuccessful mission, perhaps I will offer her again few days later.

Day 3
I gave her a big piece of fully cooked peeled Potato. She liked eating it with her purees because it was bland and dry. Fell asleep while eating it.

Day 4
Debarshi gave baby Prisha two pieces of ripe Watermelon. She absolutely loved it. Wanted to have some more but because it was the first time she had watermelon we didn’t give her anymore.

She still loves it. Can eat till she is full!

Day 5
I gave Prisha a cooked Purple Carrot. She didn’t like it. Kept throwing it all over the dining floor. Note to self: Must line the floor with some papers for easy clean up.

Day 6
I gave Prisha some Purple Carrots again because I cooked two. She didn’t throw them out right away. She chewed on them for a while then got bored and so off they went on the floor.

Day 7
I gave Prisha a Strawberry. She is teething so a cool fruit from the fridge helps soothe her gums. She liked the taste as well. But very soon she got bored and threw it away.

Day 8
I gave Prisha a Mint Leaf. Yes! why not offer her something totally different right? She didn’t touch it for a few minutes then picked it up and tasted it. Suddenly she decided she loves it and stuffed the whole leaf in her mouth! 

Day 9
I gave baby Prisha a piece of Bread. Not the crust, just the soft part. She loved it! munched on it for about 10 minutes occasionally sipping milk.

Day 10
I have been giving baby Prisha pieces of cheese every now and then without success. She just throws them away but today I think we achieved that milestone! She ate it! I think she really enjoys chewing now that a few of her teeth are out and others are coming out as well.

Try these Baby Food purees as well:

1 comment:

  1. #lifewithoutalu #homemade #babyfoodrecipes #babyfoodie #babyfoodideas #forthebabies #forbabies #forthebaby #forbaby #purée #purée #fingerfood #fingerfoods #fingerfoodideas #babies #babiesofinstagram #babyfood

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.