Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Monday 14 June 2021

Beef Beetroot Yellow Squash Puree


Beef is an excellent source of protein, calcium, folate and iron for the babies. If, however, you are not a fan of beef, you can substitute it with chicken or turkey and make this puree. You can use well cooked beef from your own dinner or cook it with the vegetables. When I am cooking something for baby Prisha, I always go for organic. I buy all of her (and most of our) fruits, vegetables and meat from whole foods. Babies eat so little and I think as parents we always like to get only the best products for them.


I just use my pressure cooker to cook the beef and vegetables together. As soon as it cools down I puree it in my Nutri bullet. That makes it juicy and tender and so yummy! I use the same vegetables with some spices to make a delicious stir-fry for me and Debarshi. Believe me just some soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and garlic makes it oh so flavorful! Serve it with some pasta or soup and you have a mouth watering dinner ready in under twenty minutes.


I have used red beetroot here but you can also use golden beetroot.


Now I do realize that some of the photos on my blog do not look very appealing but believe me all these recipes are packed with flavor and nutrition. They have all been tasted and approved by baby Prisha and me so do try them. Share your photos and comments using my hashtag #lifewithoutalu


Ingredients:
  • Beef – 1/3 cup, cut in small cubes, washed
  • Beetroot – 1 cup, red or golden, peeled, cut in small cubes
  • Yellow Squash – 1 cup, ends cut, cut in cubes
  • Salt – a pinch

Recommended Reading: Handling Raw Meat with Safety

Directions:
  • Place the ingredients into the pressure cooker. You can also use a heavy saucepan. Add one cup of water.
  • Cover and cook over medium heat for 3-4 whistles or until the vegetables are tender and the beef completely cooks (about 20-25 minutes on low heat for saucepan).
  • Let them cool down completely then use half of the water (in which they were cooked) to make the puree. Puree using a blender or Nutri bullet. Keep adding 1-2 tablespoons of water till the puree is smooth enough for your baby.
  • Serve for lunch or dinner and let them enjoy the goodness. You can keep the puree for up-to 2 days in the fridge.

Try these Baby Food purees as well:

1 comment:

  1. #lifewithoutalu #homemade #babyfoodrecipes #babyfoodie #babyfoodideas #forthebabies #forbabies #forthebaby #forbaby #purée #purée #nutribullet #nutribulletrecipes #beef #beetroot #beetroots #squash #yellowsquash #wholefoods #wholefood #organic #organicfood #organicvegetables #organicveggies #organicmeat

    ReplyDelete

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.