Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Tuesday 16 November 2021

Diary of Finger Foods - 2


Being a parent is so wonderful right? I feel like I have really changed. There are so many things you do for your baby and it develops and changes your personality as well. For example, before having Prisha, I didn’t know that I will suddenly have this superhuman capability to clean the house all day! Or, that I can pack up stuff in no time? (going to Costco or on a picnic? I am ready in no time with the diaper bag, toys, snacks and tons of other stuff). I learnt that I can work throughout the day (like a zombie of course) and I don’t need 8 hours of sleep everyday. I also learnt to eat whatever Prisha throws away because we keep buying all this organic expensive stuff for her which she gets bored of in not days but hours! As parents we also become full time cheerleaders to our kids, who really need that encouragement because they are doing everything for the first time so yay Prisha! I am so proud of you that you can drink from your sippy all by yourself! I also learnt to enjoy ‘Me time’ which comes very less these days but whatever amount of time I do get; I try to do something creative with it.


The best one is of course knowing that you are a pretty great cook and whatever you give your baby is full of nutrition and love. That, however upset your baby is, you can soothe them with just your gentle voice. That you can dry their eyes with just your touch and a great warm hug. I also learnt that I love Prisha way more than I love myself.


If your baby is also transitioning to finger foods/ table foods, try the below options:


Day 21
I gave Prisha a homemade savory cracker. She loved it but it was a bit dry for her. I offered her water.

Day 22
Debarshi gave her a piece of freshly prepared Roti (flatbread). She ate some and threw rest away.

Nowadays we brush a little bit of melted butter or ghee on both the sides of the Roti and Prisha loves eating it (well most of the times).

Day 23
I gave Prisha a few pieces of scrambled egg. Made it over medium low heat in a little bit of butter with a pinch of salt. She liked it.

Day 24
Debarshi gave her a piece of pancake. She was filled with awe and gobbled it up.

Day 25
I prepared Rajma (Kidney beans gravy) for dinner and I gave Prisha one bean to taste. She threw it away. I ate a bean and then gave another to her, this time she ate and liked it. Later I gave her a couple more beans and she loved them.

Day 26
I gave Prisha a piece of fully cooked penne pasta. She chewed on it with great interest.

Day 27
I gave Prisha a piece of Pear. She ate it so fast that I gave her another and another. I think very soon we will be saying no to purees.

Day 28
I made Chanar Dalna (Paneer gravy with potato) for our dinner. I ate a piece and gave one piece to Prisha, she tasted it very suspiciously and liked it. Later I gave her a couple more pieces and she stuffed them in her teeny mouth.

Day 29
I gave Prisha a papad, she loved it.

Day 30
I gave Prisha a dried strawberry, she loved it. It may be her favorite snack now.

Day 31
I gave Prisha a small piece of dried fig, she loved it too.


Try these Baby Food purees as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.