Featuring over 350 tried and tested recipes that can be prepared at home. From comfort food to restaurant style. Plus 110+ articles on Kitchen and Cooking Tips, Restaurant Reviews and more.

Monday 15 March 2021

Kiwi, Carrot, Butternut Squash and Mango Puree


I love the vegetable-fruit combos. I feel they make the perfect blend of sweet and tangy flavors. This puree is as healthy as it is delicious. I have been serving this to baby Prisha since she turned 6 months.


When preparing homemade baby foods, I always go for organic. Costco offers quite a few varieties of organic fruits and vegetables. If not, I go to whole foods. When introducing new fruits and vegetables I always prefer making a small batch so that if anything goes wrong, I won't feel bad about throwing it away (or eating it myself). This puree uses only one kiwi. Use a kiwi which is ripe yet firm with a fragrant citrus smell. The squishy and soft ones are most likely on the verge of going bad meaning not suitable for this recipe. Peel the kiwi but there is no need to remove the tiny seeds.


By the way, do you know Costco often keeps a box of peeled and cubed butternut squash. They also have organic frozen mangoes. 


Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to always stay updated with delicious homemade baby foods.


Now before we move on to the recipe, would you like to read a poem? I used to write poems in school and submit them to the local magazines. My mom found a couple of poems the other day and sent them to me. Not sure if they are any good but they brought back all the memories. This one is named: God – My Best Friend


~*~ God – My Best Friend ~*~
O my God,
We need you with us in every hour.
We need you in our happy and sad moments,
We need you in our success and failures.
Many people may come and go,
But it is only you who never leaves us alone.
When we are lonely,
You accompany us.
When we are sad,
You make us happy.
When we appear to be losers,
You show us the road to success.
When we lose all hopes,
You give us hope.
When we move in the dark,
You give us light to move on.
When we stray away,
You show us the right path.
When we are disappointed,
You instill hope in our heart.

O my God,
You are all superior,
You are all mighty,
You are the only ray of hope in our life,
You are the true friend on whom we can rely,
We need your blessings in our life,
For you have given us this precious life.


Ingredients:
  • Kiwi – 1, ripe, cut into halves
  • Carrot – 1, big, peeled, cut into cubes
  • Butternut squash – 1 cup, cut in cubes
  • Mango – ½ cup, fresh or frozen, peeled and cut into cubes

Directions:
  • Cook the Butternut Squash and Carrot in boiling water/ steamer basket or pressure cooker till they are tender. Let them cool down.
  • Transfer to blender cup (Nutri Bullet cup) with the Kiwi and Mango. 
  • Blend until smooth, add a tablespoon of water (in which the vegetables were cooked) till it is smooth enough for your baby.
  • Serve and let them enjoy the goodness!
  • This puree can be kept in the fridge for 1-2 days

Try these Baby Food purees as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question/ suggestion/ feedback? Post it here and I will get back to you :-)
Please do not post links or spams, those comments won't be published.